Lagelle, the Art of accessorizing.........: Style Profile // Charissa Lauren co-owner of Pretty Living PR

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Style Profile // Charissa Lauren co-owner of Pretty Living PR




It's been awhile since I featured a Style profile of an inspiring fashionista but today ends that streak! Meet one of Pittsburgh's gems Charissa Lauren.  You can visit her WordPress blog here: 


Name: Charissa Lauren
I am the co-owner of Pretty Living PR,  a full service public relations firm (with style) specializing in events, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle companies. Some of the labels we represent are Tidal Cool Creations, Charity by Dawn Lilly cosmetics, Dona Jo Fit Wear, Cutie Pitutie Bath and Body, along with various events and productions. I am also a writer with Maniac Magazine and have written for numerous publications in the past. Currently a nominee for the Athena Young Professional Award and event coordinator for Pittsburgh Fashion Week.


1. How do you describe your personal style?

CL: My personal style is inspired by trends, vintage, and my mood. I love vintage and simplistic looks. I am usually dressed classy and trendy. I love a LBD and my custom made Tidal Cool Creations dresses which I wear to most events. I am a huge fan of lace and pearls with a perfect shade of red lipstick. 

2. Where do you find/pull inspiration from?

CL: I pull inspiration from everywhere! A song, a flower, a piece of artwork, a picture, an editorial, a person! Inspiration is something that comes in many forms. I am a huge blogger and spend my nights on tumblr browsing couture and unique editorials and photography. I appreciate the bloggers because I value personality and individual style. I believe they are today's fashion muses. 


3. Name one fashion accessory you can't live without?

CL: Pearls! Pearls are probably my biggest signature. I love classy, I love vintage. I feel like I definitely belonged in the 40s era! 


4.  I never break this fashion rule.....

CL: I've never believed in any fashion 'rules'. Fashion is meant to be outspoken and bold. It's meant to show who you are and what you're here to do. You should never follow any rules, let your style speak for itself. Wear whatever you want! 

5. Your next must have purchase?

CL: I am currently in the process of having my next dress designed for Pretty Living PR's summer soiree event on July 25 by Tidal Cool Creations.  It's a paradise and beach themed party at the Cabana Bar so the dress has to be bright and tropical! That is my next must-have purchase. 

6. Most underrated item in women's wear?
CL: I don't think some women realize the power of an accessory. A good statement piece can sometimes make an entire look. I wore a gorgeous light pink statement necklace by Sonita's Designs for my company's Paint the Town Pink event and it was a huge hit with my white dress. 
7. For all the fashionistas, provide one piece of invaluable fashion advice.
CL: Learn to distinguish your personal style. Figure out your muse and what works on you. Being yourself in style is the best advice I could offer!

2 comments:

  1. Love Charissa! What a great style profile and advice from her!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit & comment today!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin