Lagelle, the Art of accessorizing.........: Style Profile // Estelle Griepink

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Style Profile // Estelle Griepink



This is the lovely Estelle from Melbourne, Australia.  She's an editorial coordinator of a free Australian fashion magazine called Fashion Journal  and also a university student, studying Journalism.  Check out her blog here: Ash & Belle



1) How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style is a mixture of so many things. I don't like to say no to anything! But what probably defines my style is that I always wear some element of floral- it's just my thing! I scour all my local thrift stores for floral dresses, skirts, blouses and pants and there is hardly a day that I don't wear something that's vintage floral. 

2) Where do you find/pull inspiration from?
I try to steer clear from pulling inspiration directly from street style blogs, because I think most of the time what those people wear are really expensive designer labels that, as a university student, I can't dream of being able to afford! Instead I like seeing what my fellow students are wearing to class, or look at the shop windows of high street stores. I'm all about accessible fashion!

3) Name one fashion accessory you can't live without.
There are two that I can't function without! One, my gold digital Casio watch, which I haven't taken off for about 3 years. I don't know what I'd do without a wristwatch, and it's just a bonus that it looks good with everything! And two, my collection of navy blue crewneck sweaters. I wear them a little cropped and they go with EVERYTHING- maxi skirts, shorts, over dresses, with pants.....they're my go-to pieces when I don't know what to wear!

4) I never break this fashion rule...
Pairing brown shoes with a black bag or vice versa. Call me old fashioned but I just think this looks so bad. I buy almost all of my accessories from thrift stores, but all you need is one black bag and one brown one and you'll never fall victim to this fashion crime! It just looks so much more put together if you've got a bit of matchy-ness. 

5) My next purchase
A vintage print floral dress from Australian retailer Sportsgirl (it's like the Australian version of Topshop). I have about 20 floral dresses already but I can never get enough. I've got my eye on this one because it shows off an ample amount of collarbone- always a good thing hehe- and it has an asymmetrical hem, for that something extra. 

6) What do you think is the most underrated item in womenswear?
A short skirt! Everyone in the blogosphere is going crazy over the maxi skirt and dress at the moment but I love seeing girls wearing skater skirts, pencil skirts, even little culottes. 

7) Invaluable fashion advice
Good posture and confidence! The amount of times I've walked out the door wearing a questionable outfit is countless....but if you stand up tall and act like you planned to wear that hot pink singlet/super high waisted jeans/crippling high heels/see through skirt you'll totally pull it off. Don't slouch and look miserable- after all if you've got the luxury of choosing what to wear everyday you might as well have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit & comment today!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin