Lagelle, the Art of accessorizing.........: Le Quaintrelle Style Profile

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Le Quaintrelle Style Profile



** Job/name (intro)?
Emily, the lovely girl behind the blog Le Quaintrelle.

1. How do you describe your personal style?
While I see every day as a chance to be able to dress in a different style than the day before, I tend to gravitate towards classic, romantic pieces. I always seem to end up in ultra-feminine pieces like skirts and ruffles.

2. Where do you find/pull inspiration from?
I find endless amounts of inspiration from the blogging world. There's so many bloggers that have such amazing style and ideas and I love to feed off that. I love getting ideas from magazine spreads and movies, especially classic movies. I also like to try to emulate runway looks from pieces I already have, I find that to be such a good way to make new outfits with whats already in my closet.

3. Name one fashion accessory you can't live without?
A pair of black boots. They're classic and universal, you could literally wear them with anything.

4. I never break this rule...........
make sure to have an appropriate skin to clothing ratio. I'm kind of weird about making sure I don't have too much skin exposed. If I'm wearing a miniskirt, I try not to wear a tube top or shirt with a plunging neckline. Sometimes that's hard to do in California, but when in doubt, just put on a dress.

5. Your next must have purchase?
I'm on the look out for a cute short dress with long sleeves and a bohemian feel.

6. Most underrated item in a women's wardrobe?
a slip! People don't give enough credit to slips. So many fashion crises are adverted with a slip, I honestly don't know what I'd do without mine.

7. For all the fashionistas, provide one piece of invaluable fashion advice.
My mom always told me, it isn't what you wear, it's how you wear it. You can spend ridiculous amounts of money on high end designer clothes and look fashionable--because they're beautiful clothes. But those who can make something out of nothing, or take something old and make it new again, are the ones that have true style.

3 comments:

Thank you for your visit & comment today!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin